Friday, June 22

Beautiful things Friday

I love bookshelves that look beautiful.
We are dreaming up our perfect bookshelves for our lounge area at the moment. Our ceilings are almost 3m high & we have press metal ceilings which I don't wish to detract from their beauty. We have heaps of books & also Cd's - we are still old fashioned and love hard copies. Also we love to be able to physical pick up and flick through a book and my husbands loves Cd's and reading about the artist & photography on CD covers.

Displaying your books is a wonderful way to personalise your space.Everyone feels comfortable in these rooms and they are rooms where you want to linger.






Some book cases look amazing, but are not that functional.

Ultimately, I care about the ease of use and function of a bookshelf the most, though if I can add in something that pleases my eye, then I’m happy. I like wood bookshelves the best.

Do you still like to buy books & if so do like a good book shelf?

Happy Friday to you all!
Nx

2 comments:

  1. I'm more of a craft book buyer these days and the girls will borrow rather than buy but I still do love having a book shelf. I would love to have one floor to ceiling rather than a free standing shelf though, and one with a ladder too would be just perfect, maybe one day:) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the idea of a ladder also Catherine, though can't see us getting one. Its always nice to have a dream! Nx

      Delete

Thank you for dropping by. I appreciate you taking time to leave a comment. Have a lovely day:) Nicole x